Monday, May 3, 2004

Well, oh well.

Well, Smarty Jones, favored to win 4:1, came in First at the Derby and Action This Day did not. Thankfully, I also put $2 down on the favorite which paid $10.20. Not too shabby at all. Tomorrow, I'll be back on the early shift at work, 7am-4pm. Each month I switch between the early shift and the late, 9am-6pm. Each shift brings a different responsibility and a different kind of work load. Early means handling the everyday tasks which also means, making sure equipment gets setup and delivered in a timely fashion. Late means handling special projects and equipment maintenance which also means a little more lag time and a little less responsibility. I actually do prefer the late shift because I enjoy working the special projects more than the everyday task. And that's not to say I don't create my own special projects so that there is no lag time, ok, it just helps the day go faster. But finishing at 6 is such a bummer. Post Office is closed, Cinemark movie tickets are more expensive, and I just can't seem to get anything done. Really, this is all about how I'm not excited about waking up early to be at work by 7 after conditioning myself to start at 9. Oh well...

No comments: