Friday, April 30, 2004

Action this Day to Win!

Saturday marks the 130th Kentucky Derby and the 1st anniversary of my interest in the sport. My co-worker, Aubrey, has been into the game for quite some time and where I talk about movies, he talks about horse racing. I went with him to the dog track once and had the greatest time learning lessons on betting. I've seen a couple of the horses racing this weekend on shows lately, and have only heard the stats from Aubrey. As an amateur, my gut says, Bet on the horse with the Best Name! With 20 horses in the lineup, there are a lot of names to choose from. Horses named Minister Eric, Smarty Jones, Read the Footnotes, and Quintons Gold Rush. If your Uncle Eric is a minister, there's your winner. If you love Jean Claude van Damme, then bet on Lion Heart. As for me, I'm looking for a horse with the most powerful name in the group, ready to take on the Derby and mark his day in history. $2 on Action This Day to Win, please! With 30-1 odds, I just might be able to get my fiance a little something nice.

No comments: