Sunday, May 7, 2006

We're Gonna Need A Bigger Summer.

I know, I know, so I quickly posted about M-I:3, subtley announcing my extreme excitement over the new film; but what I really wanted to announce was the start of the summer movie season. There is a lot of hype over the releases (Da Vinci Code, The Break-Up, X3) and a lot of worry about potential box office struggles like last year. I'm hear to say that there is no need to fear. Who cares if M-I:3 opens up quieter than expected, I believe this summer will be about longevity; and it will be clear who the winners are. I believe audiences aren't as dumb as studios think they are. This summer, we want to be thrilled, moved, sucked into the worlds brought to the screen. Our hearts MUST race. Our laughter MUST echo through the AMC hallways. And most importantly for the sake of studios, our voices MUST communicate to each other the power of what we experienced. Longevity through word of mouth will bring success to the films that make us soar. A good trailer doesn't hurt...

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you SUPERMAN RETURNS.

2 comments:

RagingCapitalist said...

Thank god Tom Cruise is only in one movie, or else the summer season would have been destroyed in one day.

k said...

very nice with the jaws reference.