Saturday, January 1, 2005

Jason and the Giant Peach.

For the first time in my life I saw the PEACH drop. That's right, peach, not million dollar crystal ball. Here I am in Georgia, some would consider the east coast. After spending my whole life in the Central Time Zone, you wouldn't believe how excited I was to experience a New Year time change in official EST, what the networks consider el primo tiempo zono. Lyndsey and I had a couple friends over for dinner, drinks, games, and to watch the ball drop. 3 out of 4 isn't that bad. In Downtown Atlanta, 40,000 people gather to celebrate the new year by watching a Giant, non-million dollar, orange fruit drop from a tall post. I know, just watching anything drop from the sky to celebrate a new year seems ridiculous, but the New York special was nowhere to be found on Atlanta television. No Regis, no history, just a peach and the local newscasters. The only highlight of the show were some great tunes provided by Sister Hazel. So I want to welcome everyone to 2005, a year of new beginnings, exercise programs, and many creative directors using the the 2 and 5 creatively and interchangably in many programs, brochures, and posters. Have fun everyone!

No comments: