Monday, September 14, 2009

"Creative Grab Bag" Now In Stores.


Recently, I was invited to participate in a book published by HOW Books. The book, Creative Grab Bag: Inspiring Challenges for Artists, Illustrators and Designers, features a collection of work from artists, illustrators and designers from around the world. Author Ethan Bodnar created over 30 unique tasks and gave each contributor a task that was different from their everyday work. The book contains images of each artist’s creative task, a selection from their professional work, and a biography with a short reflection on their creative process. Focused on exploration and innovation, the book challenges readers to try something new with design and the creative process.

My task was to create hand-drawn type. I wanted to convey how letter forms can be found all around us and was inspired by the objects and textures around my home office. It was great to experiment and I'm excited to try out some of the other exercised in the book.

Get your copy today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i clicked the "surprise me" button on amazon.com a gajillion times hoping your section would come up. it didn't.

this'll give me a fun barnes & noble scavenger hunt. :)